Sunday, June 30, 2013

an indonesian adventure

After Camp Miki, there were a couple of days to spare before a week of meetings.

My fellow counselor, Joye, and I had the same ongoing flight to Bali and decided to make an adventure out of the day and a half we had to "waste." Let's just say there's nothing "wasteful" about an extra day in Bali. 

We rented motor bikes, and rode those things all day long. I could have driven from my house in Alabama to Disney World in the amount of time we spent cruising the island. Driving on the "wrong side of the road" wasn't half bad either. We got to see rice terraces, markets, monkeys, temples, and all kinds of people. We even got to taste some famous coffee... you know, the kind that has been pooped out by a civet. I'll just say it loud... that stuff is overrated. 

Our Bali adventure escallated a little bit a few hours into our drive when we found ourselves ankle deep in mud. My chacos are still paying the price for that one. Good thing those little bikes had some power to them. We got ourselves unstuck in no time. The adventure escalated upward once more when Joye took a tumble off her bike. We found a couple of Indonesian men to rescue us... they drove Joye's bike through the rocks... and she was just-a-smiling hanging on the back. 

Once it started to get dark, we knew we needed to find our hotel.. and find it fast. Well, we were driving and driving without the first sign of our hotel. We bagged our first plan and decided to crash at the first decent place to stay. I was praying the whole time as I bounced up and down on that little motor bike that the Lord would extend daylight and help us find a good place to stay. He did just that. We made it to a lovely place- compelte with a bath tub. It's been two years since I've soaked in a tub... and after a day like that- it was the first thing on the list. 

We ordered a room service dinner and enjoyed the nice fluffy pillows. 





                                  
   




                                   

                                    
     
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble yourselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and I will forgive their sins and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

"Take my yolk upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yolk is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30


No comments:

Post a Comment