Nandy always made the best of every situation. She was good at it... and I've tried to learn how to do that, too. In light of that, while I was home... I made the best of the time that I was given in the states. It was wonderful (should I say that again... wonderful) to be be home! The whole trip was surreal since I booked my flight about four hours before leaving Manila. Even though sometimes it feels like it's been years since I've been home... when I arrived it was like no time passed. The circumstances of being home weren't the best, but the Lord's hand was in it all. It is so evident that He had prepared that time long before I had the slightest clue about it. That's one thing I love about the Lord... He knows what's best. I'm convinced that He plots for our greatest joy and His greatest glory.
I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go home and see Nandy before she left us to be with Jesus. What perfect timing!
Here are some of the things I enjoyed most while being home:
- People. I love people. And, due to the circumstances... I got to see a lot of people.
- American Food. Including, but not limited to: Steak, Biscuits, Chick-fil-A, and Diet Sunkist.
- All of the Divas in one town on Friday.
- Riding the 4-Wheeler.
- Killing two snakes and breaking up a beaver dam.
- Being introduced to Duck Dynasty.
- Driving Holly Honda with the windows down and the music up.
- Scratching Trecie's back.
- Listening to music that Stephen couldn't fall asleep at the Ritz Carlton listening to.
- Being updated on things like: Instagram, new music, and other great technology.
- Seeing pasture land.
- Seeing my puppy, Boss.
- Going to Auburn. That place has changed a lot in 8 months.
- New cushions on Mama's back porch. Those things are awesome. I probably spent 75 percent of my time out there.
- Jamming at the boys house. Learning new songs.
- "To the King" Cheers!
|After the funeral.|
|First time to wear heels in 8 months, and I am wearing one of Nandy's blouses. Typical.|
|Kids and Aunt Mel!|
|Best Friends... We just need the Chandlers added in.|
|Family after Nandy's funeral.|
|Stephen getting the steaks ready. Yes. Steak!!!|
|At the boys new farm house. It is wonderfulll!!|
|Iceee Dreaaammmm!!! And, of course.. Teeny.|
|Love these two. And, this yard. And the pecan trees.|
|Love this boy and their new house.|
|This is our Diva Child. And, I love her.|
|What a wonderful night!!! :)|
|Love this handsome guy.|
|Two of my favorite encouragers.|
|Friends since Elementary school!|
|Seeing Marianne for the first time in 8 months!! And, She's about to be to the Philippines!! Yes!!|
|I'm pretty sure this view will never get old.|
|All of the Divas were in Lanett on Friday... not all at the same time... but they were all there.|
|Family dinner at Callaway.|
|I spent almost the whole time out on the porch.|
|We also went on a little family hike.|
|This is the cutest puppy in the world... and He is a member of the Bolton household. Lucky us.|
|Loved every minute of seeing this diva.|
|Eating at the restaurant Trecie works at now...Hamiltons.|
|I got to see this boy too.|
|Tyler Morrison. One of a kind.|
|Homemade pizza. Our favorite.|
|Megan Mejia. I love our random meeting times. I'm pretty sure every time we see each other, we are both sleep deprived and running on overdrive. But, Here's to that! It seems to work for both of us!|
|Shaima! I loved seeing her!! And, she brought us the best food to eat! Yummy!! :)|
|Family dinner at Callaway.|
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." Philippians 3:20-21