There have been a few “firsts” and a few “lasts” these past few weeks.
- I am currently experiencing my first Filipino summer… and whew- it’s smokin’ hot here!
- I got to hold a less-than-one-day-old baby. My friend Lindsay and her husband Brian had their baby Joseph. He is the youngest and tiniest baby I’ve ever held, not to mention already so handsome.
- I said good-bye to two of my good friends… Sara and Tone Lise. Sara is going back stateside after serving here for 6 months. Tone Lise is taking an adventure for the next couple of months but will eventually wind up back at home in Norway. They have both been sweet friends to have here. I will miss them both dearly.
- I will be leaving on Monday to go and spend time in Naga to do some surveying in the tribes with Megan who lives a little further down south. Adventurous blogs are sure to follow.
- I got my driver’s license.
- I found some awesome new things at the market… a little shopping therapy.
- My good friend Sara taught me how to make earrings.
|Tone Lise! Such a sweet friend. Our last breakfast together.|
|Cards from my awesome brothers and Mrs. Linda! Mail never gets old. Ever.|
|Letters and photos... two of my favorite things in the world. All in one envelope. Can't get much better than that.|
"And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has lead you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, weather you would keep his commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." Deuteronomy 8:2-3